This page will collect all of Rene Denfeld’s articles for this website. Rene is a licensed investigator currently working as a mitigation specialist in the MPD capital case unit. Just as important though, she is a former journalist and bestselling writer. Her dual skills at investigative reporting and storytelling are truly impressive and critically acclaimed. If you haven’t read it already, you should check out her book about street families in Portland: All Gods Children. She also has extensive training and experience in Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, Drug Effects and Cognitive Impairments. And she’s the adoptive parent of 3 kids through the foster care system. Suffice it to say she has an array of experience and investigative skills she’s able to convey.
- 3-30-11: Invisible Disabilities: Telling the Client’s Story
- 3-19-11: Witnesses Outside the Social Network
- 1-20-11: Spotting the Subtle Signs of Cognitive Impairment, FASD and other “Invisible” Disabilities.
- 1-11-11: Using the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
- 1-4-11: Investigating Child Sex Charges
- 12-28-10: Why Attorneys Need Investigators